Stickynavbar

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Soap



OK so this will be a weird post...but it is my blog so if you don't like it...well you know.

I realized today, while taking a shower, a very strange thing I have done since...forever.  Get your minds out of the gutters and stay with me here.
Depending on which bar of soap I use...and I always have used bars because I hate body wash, as I believe a lot of guys do...I sing the stupid commercial in my head or out loud.  Every Time!
When I was a kid I would always smell the Coast soap and say "eye opening" 
Then I used Irish Spring for 20+ years and would do the whole "Clean as a Whistle" and sometimes even whistle.
For the last two months I decided to switch to Zest...and now I am "Zestfully clean" with every single shower...this one is in my head though never said it out loud...but I do it every time.

Seems the soap marketers of the old days, knew what the heck they were doing with the jingles they wrote.
30 years later I am still singing the stupid jingles in my head.
Maybe it is just me, I will never know because people like to look at me like I am an idiot before they admit something they might think the masses think is strange.  But hey! that is who I am...as I wrote in my profile.

At the least, I hope any of you who read this and didn't used to sing before....start now, then my work is going well.

4 comments:

  1. Man you need to lay off the crack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is the best you can say...lay off the crack???
    And you post Anonymous, even though I have a pretty good idea who you are...at least have the nads to log in.

    I suppose the intelligence level of the comment can also show the intelligence level of the commenter...pretty acurately as well.

    I share my deepest, innermost, feelings and you say "crack" now I have to go cry for a few days...I am so hurt and now because of your single post, I suppose I have to change the layout and style of my whole blog...sniff sniff.

    Why do I even try....sniff...I think I will become EMO now...goodbye cruel world.

    Idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you misspell accurately.. atta boy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I just found this site, but this made me smile. I sing the dang jingles too.

    ReplyDelete